Based in Australia
March 20, 2014
"Bonza puzzles are instantly addictive!"
- Will Shortz Crossword Editor, The New York Times
"It’s an idea so simple I can’t believe it hasn’t been done yet."
- Mark Serrels Kotaku
Bonza is a new type of crossword that has become an instant classic. It mixes word search, jigsaw and trivia knowledge to create something completely fresh. If you like a word challenge and you enjoy pushing boxes around with your fingers, then you'll love Bonza Word Puzzle.
Free Daily Puzzles
Every day you'll be able to solve a new free puzzle. Some are based on current events, others are designed by the Bonza community.
In early 2013, MiniMega set out to re-invent the traditional crossword and design an experience for modern Wordies. After some experimentation with pencil and paper and a few touch screen prototypes, the idea evolved. The result is Bonza, a game that requires players to arrange word fragments to solve each puzzle. It’s a super simple, fresh approach to a timeless puzzle concept. An Alpha version of the game caught the attention of Screen Australia, who then helped fund the production of the game and support its development.
- A new type of crossword
- Free Daily Puzzles based on current events
- Puzzle packs by celebrity designers
- Puzzles designed by the Bonza community
- Stunning minimalist art style
- Relaxing ambient soundtrack
Hand-made Magnets for GDC YouTube
Logo and Icon
- "For anyone who loves a good word puzzle, definitely give Bonza a try.
- Lee Hamlet, 148Apps
- "A satisfying puzzler, especially if you're fond of words."
- Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer
- "It’s an idea so simple I can’t believe it hasn’t been done yet."
- Mark Serrels, Kotaku
- "It’s a combination of a jigsaw puzzle and a diagramless crossword."
- Deb Amlen, The New York Times
- "Bonza merges some of the best mechanics from conventional word games and twists them around to create something new."
- Chloi Rad, Indie Statik
- "It’s a word game for word lovers, and it has enough content to make the price a fantastic deal.
- Evan Killham, Cult of Mac
- "The beautifully subtle, colorful design scheme is genius and it’s controls are a great welcome mat for the casual audience.
- Bryan Dupont-Gray, Hardcoregamer
- "Bonza is a quality product from a small local team, and I highly recommend picking it up.
- James Dominguez, Sydney Morning Herald
Request Press CopyIf you'd like a copy of Bonza please get in touch.
Follow Bonza at twitter.com.
Join the discussion at facebook.com.
MiniMega is an Australian independent game studio built on brotherhood. The name actually means "little brother, big brother". They've been collaborating on games since they were born.
The press kit for MiniMega is available here.
Sound and Music